Trusts & Estates
Our experienced Trust Solicitors at Larcomes have the expertise to guide you through the process of setting up, managing or closing a Trust closure. Our expert Trust and Estates Solicitors have experience in all aspects of trust law, taxation and estate management matters and will guide and advise you on the appropriate action to take.
Our Trusts and Estates services include but not limited to:
- Trust Administration
- Duties of Trustees
- Family Trusts & Asset Protection
- Discretionary Trusts
- Personal Injury Trusts – to help manage personal injury compensation
- Trust Disputes
Having a Trust in place can help you ensure that wealth, investments and other assets such as property, land or businesses are protected and managed correctly for now and future generations of your family or anyone else you wish to nominate as beneficiaries.
Assets held within a Trust will be under the control of a nominated person or persons called ‘Trustees’ and the Trust will be managed in accordance with your instructions, even after your death.
A Trust can be set up for a number of reasons, and we will use our knowledge and expertise to guide you through the most appropriate solution for your circumstances.
Some of the most common reasons a trust is used (normally in conjunction with a will) are:
- To make provisions for a spouse after death whilst safeguarding the inheritance of any children; especially important when there are children from previous marriages to protect their interests.
- To ensure that the inheritance of younger children is protected until they are old enough to manage their own affairs.
- Succession planning of the family business.
- Protection of vulnerable beneficiaries or family members who are unable to look after their own affairs.
- Tax management.
- Wealth control and management.
Expert Trusts Solicitors
Regardless of the complexity of your situation, our experienced and helpful trust solicitors can assist with all areas of trust and estate management, providing comprehensive trust solutions tailored to your individual needs, ensuring all legal and tax rules are followed.
This is a highly complex and constantly changing area of law and the specialist trust and inheritance planning team at Larcomes can provide you with clear, up-to-date, professional advice on how to plan ahead for your future and for that of your beneficiaries.
At Larcomes, we believe in a comprehensive total solution and work closely with colleagues in the firm with other relevant expertise, such as those in our property law and family law departments.
We can also provide expert guidance Wills, Trusts and on Lasting Powers of Attorney or Living Wills.
You can find out more about our team by clicking on the links below
To speak with one of our wills and probate team please give us a call on 023 9244 8100 for our Portsmouth office or 023 9224 6666 for our Waterlooville office or make an online enquiry