International, national and regional pressures to achieve sustainable development mean that environmental concerns are considered in virtually every activity and decision made. At Larcomes our team of legal experts can advise on all environmental issues from compliance with environmental regulations to representation in prosecutions and we have a dedicated environmental litigation team. We also advise on community and environmental projects – including projects regulated by the landfill tax credit scheme, risk and remediation, project support and bespoke environmental issues.
The last decade has seen an influx of environmental and waste directives from Europe, with the emphasis thus far on areas such as recycling, high technology incineration and landfill management, and increased producer responsibility. In a drive to develop and implement more sustainable waste management practices, there is a greater requirement on the waste sector to operate to higher standards of professionalism and incorporate best practice in all their activities. This has led to an increased focus on regulation, policy, research and development. At Larcomes, we specialise in all aspect of environmental and waste law, including:
- Keeping you up to pace with legislative changes and how they impact your business
- A review of your standard form contracts with customers and suppliers of services and other operators to ensure that they offer you maximum protection
- Ensuring that your bespoke large customer and supplier contracts are fair, accurate and offer you maximum protection
- Helping you deal with all issues surrounding regulation by the Environment Agency, including licensing, auditing and disputes
- Property Acquisitions and land law issues
- Dealing with and acting on your behalf in respect of Local authority enforcement
If you would like to speak with one of our environmental or waste specialist lawyers, then give us a call on 023 9244 8100.
023 9244 8119