Asbestos Claims UK
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with an asbestos-related illness, it is vital that you receive the applicable and relevant information from a specialist. Working with one of our experienced solicitors, you can rest assured that they will understand this complex area of law and will have the experience to sufficiently guide you through the process.
Many sufferers of asbestos-related illnesses are completely unaware that they have the right to make a claim for compensation against their employer.
There are asbestos regulations in place to ensure that when people find they are suffering from asbestos-related diseases, their families can seek compensation for the negligence done to put them in an environment of wrongful exposure and reduce their quality of life.
The asbestos claims specialists at Larcomes have obtained expertise in this area. They have encountered many sufferers of asbestos-related disease throughout the South of England, South-East, London and Home Counties.
What are the current Asbestos regulations?
The current Asbestos regulations are known as the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. These came into force on the 6th of April 2012 and have been continually updated since then. Over the period of 10 years, some policies have changed and stayed the same. These policies include but are not limited to:
(Remained the same)
- If existing asbestos-containing materials are in good condition and are not likely to be damaged, they can be left in place with their condition monitored and managed, ensuring they are not disturbed.
- If you are responsible for the maintenance of non-domestic premises, you have a duty to manage the asbestos in them, protecting anyone using or working on the premises from the risks to health that the exposure to asbestos causes.
- If you want to do any maintenance or building work on the premises or on plant or equipment that may contain asbestos, you will need to identify where it is, its type and its condition; assess the risks and manage and control the risks.
- From the 6th of April 2012, some non-licensed work needs to be notified to the relevant enforcing authority.
- From the 6th of April 2012, written records should be kept of non-licensed work, which has to be notified, e.g. copy of the notification with a list of workers on the job, plus the level of likely exposure of those workers to asbestos. This does not require air monitoring on every job if an estimate of the degree of exposure can be made based on the experience of similar past tasks or published guidance.
- By April 2015, all workers/self-employed doing notifiable non-licensed work with asbestos must be under health surveillance for licensed work need not have another medical examination for non-licensed work. BUT medicals for notifiable non-licensed work are not acceptable for those doing licensed work.
For the full list of regulations, visit the hse.gov.uk website.
How can our asbestos solicitors help you?
We can provide advice and guidance on all Asbestos-related illnesses, including:
- Asbestos Injuries
- Asbestos-Related Lung Cancer
- Asbestos-related Pleural Thickening
- Pleural Plaques
We can also act on behalf of relatives and dependants of people who have died because of industrial and occupational diseases.
Mesothelioma- mesothelioma compensation
The solicitors at Larcomes specialise in asbestos-related claims, and we understand that a mesothelioma diagnosis can be devastating news to patients and their families.
While this damage is irreversible, and no amount of money could make up for the damaging effect on your health, the rewards from mesothelioma compensation can provide the necessary financial security and stability for you and your family.
Here, at Larcomes, we have vast experience in securing compensation for asbestos-related diseases. Our solicitors are vastly experienced in managing any mesothelioma claims and have a track record of securing compensation for many across the UK. We aim to handle your case with the utmost professionalism and sensitivity.
We fully acknowledge that mesothelioma can be very debilitating and destabilising. We go out of our way to ensure the claims process is as hassle-free as possible. We will travel to you for any meetings about your case, and you can appoint one of your family members to manage claims processes on your behalf if you wish to.
Industrial Disease Support Groups
If you are suffering from asbestos-related disease or injury or are a sufferer of mesothelioma, you should contact HASAG Asbestos Disease Support in the first instance. Larcomes Asbestos Claims Team is proud to be a specialist panel member and support the work of the southern asbestos support group HASAG Asbestos Disease Support. HASAG Asbestos Disease Support is a charity dedicated to helping people suffering from asbestos-related diseases and their families throughout the South of England, South East, London and Home Counties. They provide a complete source of help and support for anyone with an asbestos-related disease and their loved ones.
Our specialist Industrial Disease Solicitors
Our industrial disease team is led by Richard Hopgood and Michael Osbourne, who both specialise in representing asbestos disease sufferers and their families and in dealing with compensation claims for asbestos-related pleural thickening, asbestosis, asbestos-related lung cancer and mesothelioma.
Richard is actively involved with various asbestos sufferer support groups, and he is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL). He acts exclusively for claimants and their families and has never represented defendant companies in asbestos-related claims.
Michael is also involved with various asbestos victim support groups, and he is a member and a senior litigator within the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL). He is also on the APIL specialist asbestos disease panel and attends the All Party parliamentary group on Occupational Safety and Health as a member of the steering committee of the British Lung Foundation’s mesothelioma awareness campaign.
Get in Touch
If you or a family member has been exposed to asbestos, please visit the website of HASAG (Hampshire Asbestos Support & Awareness Group) for further information and support. Please click here to be taken to their website.
For more information on claiming compensation for an industrial-related illness and to discuss our No Win No Fee compensation claim legal services, please call on 023 9244 8100 or make an online enquiry.