Equality & Diversity
Larcomes Legal Limited is committed to eliminating discrimination in the firm’s dealings with staff and third parties (such as barristers and suppliers) and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and dealings with third parties and not to discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
Diversity and equality data will be collected bi annually to enable us to monitor and assess the diversity of our work force. The last set of data collected in 2019 can be viewed here. Each member of staff will have the opportunity to complete the questionnaire (MoCI App Q(b)). We will collate data on nationality, disability, gender monitoring, sexual orientation and religion and beliefs.
All reasonable adjustments to the working environment required that result from our findings will be implements and adjustments will also be made as a result of the work station reviews.
All new staff will receive equality and diversity training as part of the induction process and existing staff will be re-trained from time to time as felt necessary.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- Equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- We will review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- We will endeavour to ensure that third parties with whom the firm has dealings have a commitment to equality and diversity comparable with that of the firm.
- Breaches of our equality and diversity policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- This policy is fully supported by the Partners.
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
- Janice Ward is responsible for this policy.