We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
1. If you have a complaint, write to Janice Ward at the North End, Portsmouth address or by email to email@example.com with the details. Where you are not able to make the complaint in writing, Janice Ward will speak to you on the telephone or meet with you in order that you may explain your complaint.
What will happen next?
2. Our Complaints Consultant will promptly send you a letter acknowledging your complaint. If we need further information from you at this stage, this will be requested.
3. Your complaint will be logged onto our central register and a complaint file will be opened.
4. We will then investigate your complaint which is likely to involve our Complaints Consultant reviewing the file and discussing this with our member of staff who acted for you.
5. Unless any further information is required, (in which case this will be requested in writing), our Complaints Consultant will then report to you setting out his conclusions and any proposals aimed to resolve your complaint. We will try to report to you as quickly as possible but in all cases will respond within 40 working days of receipt of your complaint.
6. We would ask you to promptly reply in writing or by email confirming whether you are content with the proposed resolution of your complaint. While there is no right of appeal to our Complaints Consultant’s decision, that is not to say that any further representations which you wish to make will not be considered. However, his decision is ultimately final.
7. If you are not content with our proposed resolution of your complaint, then we will write to you confirming your right to make a complaint within 6 months by contacting the Legal Ombudsman, whose contact details follow:
PO Box 6806
Tel: 0300 555 0333
8. Alternative complaint bodies (such as ProMediate at www.promediate.co.uk) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. Our Complaints Consultant will inform you whether we agree to use such an alternative complaint body in the letter setting out his final decision on your complaint and provide full contact details, as necessary.